Detail Photography – Prom Edition

On Thursday, June 24th, I was in Downtown, Northport photographing my favorite hair stylist’s prom. This post focuses on the detail photography of prom. During the event, I realized that I will be attending this Prom in Northport for (at least) another 3 years. That’s 6 years total, being that I went for my year (2015), and photographed the last two. (2016-2017) My siblings will all be graduating each consecutive year starting.. well now. Anyways, here are just a few of my favorites from Colleen’s Prom this year! There are cookies in this post, to learn more about them click here.

The Little Things

Detail Photography Prom Emilynncaulfield

Would you believe me if I told you that she had styled her hair, HERSELF. I’m sorry but I still can’t get over that. She completely won me over though with the flowers, how beautiful are they? Colleen is currently New York based, if you’re ever looking for a hair stylist I highly recommend her!

Related Post: Luxury is in Each Detail

Detail Photography Prom Emilynncaulfield

I always love the accessories shot, but this year she wanted to focus on her ring in particular. Super cute story behind it all, but I’ll leave her to sharing it! I’ll be leaving camera details at the bottom of this post if you’re interested. The photos were further edited in Adobe Lightroom.

Related Post: The Ultimate Wedding Post

Detail Photography Prom Emilynncaulfield

Be sure to check out her Instagram if you haven’t already, and give her a follow!

The Camera Details

Basic camera info can be found on my Resources Page
Aperture: ƒ/5.0
Exposure Time: 1/1600
ISO: 400

Personally, I’ve been keeping busy with a lot of freelance work. Mostly web design & graphics, but photography as well! (as seen above) Though, I am working on something that I’m really excited about- and can’t wait to share what it is… Everyone will be finding out sooner than later, though. ♥  Happy Tuesday & until next time!

PS: Make sure to follow my Instagram– I’ve created a new & inspirational theme!

18 Comments

• Reply David June 27, 2017 at 10:49 AM

What a lovely article! I am looking to get into a little bit of photography myself as I am a blogger as well. I just write about blogging mostly but I do want to start talking about the photography part or blogging in my blog. This looks like a good blog to get started on some information to share with my readers. The camera that you are using seems to take great photos as well. I will have to check out the prices and maybe pick one up!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

• Reply emilynncaulfield June 27, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Thank you so much! Photography is a big part of blogging, I think that would be awesome to include in your blog! Thanks for all of the compliments, but I believe that it’s not about the camera/device- it’s about the photographer. I’m sure you’d make amazing content no matter what device you’re using! Thanks for stopping by 🙂

• Reply Sara June 27, 2017 at 2:22 PM

What a great eye you have for capturing a moment in time. That hair…OMG If I attempted to do my own hair for a formal event it would end up a disaster! Can’t wait to see more of your detail photography blog posts.

• Reply emilynncaulfield June 27, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it ♥ Right, though?? I would DESTROY my hair- she truly has a talent 🙂 Thanks for the comment!

• Reply Megan Miller June 27, 2017 at 2:46 PM

This is beautiful! I love picking out the little details in everything. Sometimes we need to stop and look at the beauty that we might ignore.

• Reply emilynncaulfield June 27, 2017 at 10:37 PM

Thank you so much! That’s the EXACT same way I feel! I’d rather capture all of the small, little things that you might not have remembered… Thanks for the comment! ♥

• Reply Pooja Krishna June 27, 2017 at 10:37 PM

The small details make for such interesting storytelling. Not just the finished prom look but the accessories will have usually their own story – nicely done.

• Reply emilynncaulfield June 27, 2017 at 10:40 PM

I feel the same way! Capturing the little things is almost as important as the “big” things.. I love being able to capture a small moment or detail of an event. Thanks for the comment! ♥

• Reply Jennifer Smith June 28, 2017 at 2:10 PM

What beautiful photos! You truly have an eye for capturing all the details. I love the closeups of the hair and accessories.

• Reply Jenna Lee June 28, 2017 at 8:18 PM

I love your blog! The organization is great, and I love little details like this! I like to get up close for pictures as often as I can.

• Reply emilynncaulfield June 29, 2017 at 4:23 AM

Aw thank you kindly!! It’s always important to capture the small things as well! 🙂 Thanks for the comment <3

• Reply Kelly June 28, 2017 at 11:30 PM

It certainly is important to see the beauty in the details! Whenever my team shoots we always pay particular attention to including these, especially when sharing a fashion or lifestyle campaign!

Birdie Shoots

• Reply emilynncaulfield June 29, 2017 at 4:24 AM

Right? I love a good detail shot!! Thanks for the comment 🙂

• Reply Twinkle Sharma June 29, 2017 at 9:00 AM

These pics are stunning. Beauty exists in each and every single form. Just loved it.

• Reply emilynncaulfield June 29, 2017 at 4:45 PM

Thank you kindly! ♥ I really appreciate it. Thanks for stopping by 🙂

• Reply Hannah @ The Northern Writes June 30, 2017 at 12:45 PM

lovely details. I love the simplicity of the hair style and the floral element isn’t overdone which makes it even more elegant

Hannah @ The Northern Writes | http://www.thenorthernwrites.co.uk

• Reply emilynncaulfield July 1, 2017 at 12:53 PM

Thank you! She really is a talented hair stylist.. I still can’t believe she did that on her own! Thanks for the comment 🙂