Is anyone else ready for the Summer to just BEGIN? I can’t be the only person who wants to sit by the water and just chill out. Not only chill out but to sit down and read. I think now is a good time to come up with the ultimate list of books to read this summer. There are cookies in this post, to learn more about them click here.
Expand Your Book Collection
Knowing my reading obsession, Book of the Month Club is literally the best idea for me. The best idea for anyone who loves to read- and if you’re anything like me, you spend a lot of time at the book store searching for the one.
Book of the Month Club is a monthly subscription box that allows you to choose from a selection of books chosen by BOTM Judges. Right now they’re offering amazing deals (up to 3 months for just $10 a month!) and you’ll receive one book per month. AND if you like more than one book, you can purchase another for just $9.99 extra! All books are hard cover, so think about how much money you’re saving! It’s a heaven for book lovers.
Book of the Month JUNE Selections
- The Sisters Chase by Sarah Healy ( Judge Liberty Hardy )
- Chemistry by Wekie Wang ( Judge Leigh Haber )
- White Fur by Jardine Libaire – ( Judge Laia Garcia )
- A Million Junes by Emily Henry ( Judge Katie Gotugno )
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid ( Judge Steph Opitz )
From the 5 listed above, you can choose one as your BOOK of the month starting June 1st. After that you’ll be able to purchase your “extras” for only $9.99! Not sure if you’ll like it? Preview it: Sign up for just 1 month for only $10! Aside from my favorite subscription box, I also have a bookshelf with a wide selection to take from… thanks to my book shopping habits. I buy more books than I can read and that’s okay. One day I’ll need all of these books, right?
List of Books to Read This Summer
Below is a list of books that I’ve read, that I own, and that I’m looking to buy and read this summer. Those with a “BOTM offer” are books you may purchase your “extra” for only $9.99!
- Modern Lovers by Emma Straub
- Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham
- The Animators by Kayla Rae Whitaker
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- One Day We’ll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter by Scaachi Koul
- Perfect Little World by Kevin Wilson
- Look At You Now by Liz Pryor
- Idaho by Emily Ruskovich
- Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
- Outliers by Malcom Gladwell
- Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins
- Startup by Doree Shafrir
- Gravity by R. M. Drake
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- The Dear Queen Journey by Sylvester McNutt III
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
- You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
As you can see, a lot of these books were introduced to me from Book of the Month. Seriously, it has opened a lot of doors for me when it comes to finding new books to treasure. Modern Lovers is still my favorite from last summer, but I have had a lot of close seconds. For June Selections from Book of the Month Club I have chosen A Million Junes, and bought an extra book too (because I just couldn’t choose 😉 ). The extra book that I chose was The Sisters Chase.
p.s. if you post a pic of this card on Instagram (filled out) and tag @bookofthemonthclub– members who are reposted by @bookofthemonthclub receive 3 months free!
A list of 20 should be okay for now, and if you can read more than 20 books within a summer- I’m JEALOUS. I love keeping busy with my work, but I do miss the worlds I could get lost in that these books gave me. Anyone have any books they’d recommend that wasn’t mentioned in the list of books above? Please let me know! I’m always expanding my collection. 😉
Stay creative ♥